[elky] Re: Fwd: HOW HOT IS IT?????

  • From: Robert Adams <elcam84@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 21:09:20 -0500

                      It's been 100* or higher every day since the end of
may. Nightly lows are rarely below 80. The other night it was 84 for a low.
And it's only around that temp for about 2 hrs. It's usually the same temp
at 9 pm as it is 9 am and that's right now and it's 96*.

                        I haven't figured out the complaints with the heat
all the sudden in many areas up north. You guys cool down at night... After
you have daily temps of 103+ every day 90*s in the early morning and late
night and everything is heat soaked, buildings trees the ground and no
appreciable rain since last year I don't want to hear complaints about the
heat.

                      On the upside.... We installed the 2 ton window AC in
the shop today. Works good. Might get it down to the 90s in there. Need
another foot of insulation all around.

                      [image: 002-2.jpg]

                        Robert Adams

On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 2:56 PM, John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  You need to get something that will blend in with the locals Frank. A
> tired Elky that you can store stuff in.
>
> Cindy says the Mini temp gauge says 98 in the shade, 101 in the sun.
>
> JC
>

> On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 12:12 PM, <STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>  It's not my dog, but thought you get a kick out of it. We are fine,
>> Dorothy is volunteering at the hospital, trying to get her foot in the door
>> there for a job.
>>    I sold my SUV so we are now down to one vehicle. Unless we hit the
>> lotto, I don't see another hot rod in my future. Still smiling in North
>> Carolina
>>
>> Smokey Mt Frank
>>
>>  In a message dated 7/19/2011 12:26:44 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
>> printces@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>>

>> poor baby!
>>
>> we're not getting it.  I just took the dogs for their walk and it's 56*
>> and sprinkling.  We started down to the El Camino and Chevelle show in
>> Oregon Sunday and quit before we got there it was raining so hard.  Figured
>> no one would take a nice car to park in a muddy field in the rain.  A few
>> nice warm days but for the most part it's just cool and wet.  Nothing will
>> change until that hot stuff in the middle of the country decides to move
>> east.
>>
>> How are youz doing?
>>
>> Mary
>>

>> Smokey Mt Frank