[elky] Re: bumper jacks

  • From: Robert Adams <elcam84@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 21:00:40 -0500

                         The bumper jack went away around 80. Kellys
78(IIRC) had a bumperjack.  I still have the original click sissor jack in
my elky. They work surprisingly well though slow.

                       As for the VIR.. It was a hard to diagnose system and
failed often but.... When working right it's a really cold system. It's
similar in operation to some of the chrysler cars that used expansion blocks
with EPR valves but used different parts to get the same result.

                                      Anything with an EPR will cool better
as it keeps the pressure in the evaporator constant so it controls
refrigerant boil off and surging through the system. As such it smooths out
the operation of the AC. So at times when you nail the gas or let off the
gas it can maintain the same cold evap temp. I had thoughts of retrofitting
an expansion valve and EPR to mine and making it ice cold but never got past
the thought part.

                     Robert Adams