[elky] Re: A/C line

  • From: John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 06:39:39 -0500

That is was. I am off this weekend. Today I'll put that little gem in the
Elky. I need to get out and walk to keep the joints working. I've been
working way too much and not getting out there to keep moving.

On Sunday morning, I am going to take the Mini out on a little road trip.
I'll be meeting my brother in Walcott, IA (at the world's largest truck
stop) to swap heaters. That
 should be cool too ;)  I have a killer heater in the garage. Robert can
tell you.... you stay warm in there. The problem is, that if it is too close
to a car, or anything else, it converts to a paint stripper, or Greek meat
brazing device. Brother Jim is currently renting, and my heater is portable
and 100K BTU (overkill for the garage), and has a long rubber natural gas
line so it can be moved around. He has a permanent unit that is about 50K
BTU that hangs from the ceiling, and has a fan and can be wired with a
Thermostat. Since I won't be going anywhere, I figure this will clear up
some floor space in the garage. Having the fan will be nice, because I won't
have to deal with a box fan to move the air around to keep things from
getting too hot (Like I do now). And, it will be nice to just turn on the
thermostat.

I have been thinking about putting a small vent fan in the garage to clear
out fumes and heat in the summer too. It is sealed up pretty well now, and
the new insulated door is really nice. I love my garage. It's turning in to
quite the Man Cave.
1984 El Camino "Elkenstein" 350 TBI
NECOA #042 http://www.myelcamino.net
1984 El Camino "Elkenstein" 350 TBI
NECOA #042 http://www.myelcamino.net
Saint Charles, IL

[image: heater_01.jpg]
[image: heater_02.jpg]
[image: heater_03.jpg]

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 9:10 PM, <STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> **
> I thought it was the perfect responce.
>
> Smokey Mt Frank
>
>  In a message dated 10/14/2011 9:19:55 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> johncgg@xxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> Such a way with words Frank...... and shades!
>
> On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 8:09 PM, <STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> **
>> cool
>>
>> Smokey Mt Frank
>>
>>  In a message dated 10/14/2011 7:28:30 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
>> johncgg@xxxxxxxxx writes:
>>
>> I just received this through eBay. The discontinued line I need to get the
>> A/C working. Still has a deal sticker on it NOS part.  I can get the other
>> line on Rock Auto. Just have to save some more. Drove the Elky to work
>> today.
>>
>> JC

JPEG image

JPEG image