[elky] Re: '80 Alternator

  • From: John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 05:10:06 -0600

Is that the brown wire that goes to the 2 wire clip on the back? Where does
the other end go? To the dash cluster? Are we there yet?

My gauge on the Monte reads way low, but the voltage measures fine at the
battery. I think there is a bad connection somewhere. I had the dash partly
out to fix the transmission gear selector indicator (the little loop
broke.... they all do, so a little binding wire fixed it). I didn't tear it
down far enough to clean the contacts on the ribbon connector. Seems like
that fixed the same situation on the Elky, but only for a short time. I
should replace the middle bulb on the Monte too. Why does that one always go
out???

I should also pay attention to the bulbs. when I start it next time. I know
the check engine light has been pulled, along with the computer. I suppose
if the bulb is out, I could be in trouble then.

Thanks,
JC