[eleutheros-en] Re: Thoughts

  • From: "M. Fioretti" <marco.fioretti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: eleutheros-en@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 13:21:11 +0100

On Sun, Jan 22, 2012 20:29:35 PM +0200, Casey Callaghan wrote:
> I've created another rough draft for a blog post (below the dashed
> line) that I feel might be suitable for the Eleutheros project.

Casey,

thanks a lot for this other draft. I like all of it. However, I would
suggest, in order to publish it on www.eleutheros.org, to cut
everything from:

> - Do not commit murder; do not commit adultery; do not steal

to the line before this:

> - Love your neighbour as you love yourself
>
> Here is where the choice of software becomes important...

the reason is simply that that part of text (while certainly correct,
and I like it) is not relevant for the purpose of Eleutheros, which is
to highlight the reasons why Catholics, and Christians in general,
should prefer the use of certain software and formats. As you yourself
wrote, the parts I suggest to omit are "largely neutral in terms of
which software one elects to use"

What do you think? Please let me know!

Bless,
        Marco