[edi581] Re: Topics needed

  • From: Heather Anne Palmatier <hebba7979@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: edi581@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 18:06:42 -0700 (PDT)

Here are some.....
Powerpoint....good or bad?
Filters for schools...should we use them? Do they work?
Are contracts for computer use in schools truly enforced?
How can teachers differentiate between "good" (educational) software and "bad"
(so called educational) software?
Just a few ideas...hope this helps!
Heather Palmatier
 JerryTaylr@xxxxxxx wrote:
OK, for a change, I need YOUR help! I want to develop a list of twenty (20)
technology-related topics I can use next semester. I want to assign one topic
per student, let them research the topic, then post their results to the
listserv for all to see. I'm hoping to collect topics that could be
considered "controversial" (or at least topics that people have differing
opinions about).

Here are some example of the kinds of topics I'm talking about:

** Computer in labs vs. in classrooms
** Should keyboarding be taught and, if so, when?
** Do computers increase learning?
** Does technology increase (or can it decrease) plagiarism?
** The legalities of copying (programs, CDs, music files, etc.)

OK, now it's YOUR turn. Thanx in advance for your help.

Jerry

JerryTaylr@xxxxxxx
   JerryTaylr@xxxxxxx