[edi581] Re: Listserv assignment #1: Biography

  • From: "Lisa Parkhill" <parkhill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <edi581@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 10:10:37 -0400

Greetings!

Background:  I was born in Chattanooga Tennessee but unfortunately my =
parents moved up here when I was a baby, so I do not remember too much. I =
have lived most of my life in a town called Sanborn, it is outside of =
Niagara Falls. I moved to Leroy for my job at Pavilion.  I like the area =
but sometimes get bored, not as much to do as in Buffalo.

Family- I am the baby of three girls. Yes, you can feel bad for my dad in =
a house full of women. My father was a plumber and contractor. They owned =
their own business for 15 years but now my father is retired. I also have =
2 nephews and a niece.=20

Hobbies: I love to camp, fish, and hike in the summer. During the winter, =
I like to ski.I also collect Aladdin toys (hey I am a kid at heart!)

Teaching- I am a 7th grade teacher at Pavilion Central School. I am in my =
third year there!

Lisa Parkhill

>>> JerryTaylr@xxxxxxx 07/12/03 22:43 PM >>>
Online assignment #1 (non-credit assignment)
Deadline: Midnight, Friday, July 18th

OK, now that everyone has successfully subscribed to the listserv, it's =
time=20
for me to give you your first "online assignment."  (This is just a =
"warm-up,"=20
though, so there will be no credit involved.)

I'd like each of you to post a short "biography" to the listserv so that =
we=20
can all find out more about you.  Tell us about your life, your childhood,=
=20
growing up, school, significant others, places you've been, people you've =
met,=20
your accomplishments, etc.  Anything!

"Reply"=20
button, or (2) start from "scratch" and send an e-mail to=20
"edi581@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" (without the quotes).

Also, don't forget to SIGN any messages you send to the listserv. Why?=20
Because not everyone's e-mail address is obvious. For example, if a =
message from=20
"picklehead@xxxxxxxxx" appears on the listserv, I'm afraid we have NO idea =
who=20
wrote it!

Good luck.  We're all looking forward to learning more about you.

Jerry

P.S. Late assignments will not be accepted. Don't wait until the last =
minute.
 =20
   JerryTaylr@xxxxxxx
   JerryTaylr@xxxxxxx