[edi581] Clifford Stoll Interview

  • From: Tra9234@xxxxxxx
  • To: edi581@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 20:32:46 EST

   After reading the Clifford Stoll article I found myself thinking that the
reason Mr. Stoll is so against computers in the classroom is based on his
learning experiences as a child. He states that for him , " learning was never
fun
". He feels that computers make learning fun and easy and it's not supposed
to be . I guess he expects everyone to share in his opinion that learning is a
miserable experience .
  As we learned in class computers should not replace other teaching
strategies but be used in addition to enhance learning. Mr. Stoll feels that
computers
should not be utilized in the classroom until students are at least 12 years
old . I feel that if this was to happen students would miss out on a very
important piece of their education .
  Coming from a person who was a late  learner of technology the earlier
skills are learned and adopted the better.
                                        Dawn Harnischfeger

   JerryTaylr@xxxxxxx