[ebooktalk] Re: "The White Queen"

  • From: Ian Macrae <ian.macrae1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 19:42:26 +0100

I half watched the TV show through a mild alcoholic haze following Father's day
celebrations.  The really interesting thing for me is to see the BBC once more
making a massive commitment to sunday night drama with a ten part series.  Only
five years ago this would have been done as two ninety minuters shown on
consecutive evenings.  Maybe it bodes well for radio drama too.  My main
complaint is that this is a story which has been told so many times in
fictional accounts and it's very difficult to get a fresh take on it.  Maybe I
should read the book.  I have read her account of Catherine of Aragon which I
found interesting in its sympathetic portrayal and its evocation of how
alienated she must have felt coming to Britain to marry Arthur.  BTW, I'm still
missing some mails from the list as I definitely didn't get Trish's one which
originated this thread.