[ebooktalk] Re: Other worlds, others times - or almost.

  • From: "Elaine Harris \(Rivendell\)" <elaineharris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 14:54:40 +1000

Hello Shell,

I have only read part of "The Long Song" by Andrea Levy; felt guilty for not
finishing it but just couldn't get in to it.

No, sadly, "The Naming of Eliza Quinn" is the only Carol Birch I have read
to date. I believe it was long-listed for the Booker when first published.

Unfortunately, I don't know Laura Moriarty and so haven't read "The
Chaperone"; do tell more.

Also, Barbara Kingsolver was mentioned yesterday. I read "The Poisonwood
Bible" a few years ago and couldn't put it down. She said it took her 20
years to write. The depth of research is superb.

Elaine