[ebooktalk] Re: Off topic, Accessible? signs.

  • From: Pele West <pele.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 07:50:10 +0100

Hi Trish

That is great. Once again, apologies for those who have heard this
before.

My sister-in-law was involved in displaying braille signs in a new
building. They made signs for room numbers and the canteen and so on,
but no braille signs for the loos. When my sister-in-law challenged this
she was told that blind people would know as they could look at the
Gents and Ladies signs. The sign people would not give way, as far as I
know, even though my sister-in-law explained that these were probably
the most important signs they could display.

There weren't any braille books.

Pele