[ebooktalk] Off topic, Accessible? signs.

  • From: "Trish Talbot" <Trish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 16:57:20 +0100

This isn't about books, but as it's the best one yet I can't resist sharing it.

I was at the simming-pool at our local leisure centre this morning, and
following our aquafit session we went for our customary shower.  The friend I
went with pointed out that there was a braille notice on the wall, saying
"Shower for the disabled" and a bit more.  (I know this because it also said it
in print).  I looked at the notice and asked, "Where's the braille?"  Hilary
took another look, then touched the notice.  There were no raised dots, the
laminated sheet was a picture of braille.  Can't help wondering why they
bothered.
Well, it gave us a good laugh anyway.  They just don't get it, do they!
Trish.