[ebooktalk] CHANGING ATTITUDES

  • From: "Steven Bingham" <steven.bingham1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 09:14:36 +0100

Hello again

I am still reading my way through Agatha Christie - perhaps I haven't grown
up or something. She seems to be incredibly out of fashion as far as
literature is concerned although she is still selling well and the libraries
still rate her highly.

Anyway I am currently reading The Secret of Chimneys which was published in
1925. Last night I came across this little snippet

"He's a foreigner. They tend to get shot don't they?"

In view of some of yesterday's comments this caused more than a slight
smile.

Steve