[ebooktalk] Re: SHORT STORIES

  • From: "David Russell" <david.russell8@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ebooktalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 09:25:29 +0100

Steve,

I often feel unhappy about reading short stories.  You are so often left
with something inconclusive, which rather cheats the reader.

Talking of short stories, with some help from Sandra I have been using Sound
Taxi to convert Audible.co.uk books into mp3 files.  One book I have is the
Granta collection of new writers which we talked about on this list a few
weeks ago.  If sound taxi works well for me, and it looks like it will, then
I may put up a sendspace link for anyone interested to pick up the audio
book.  The files are too large to attach them, but sendspace is very easy to
use and you do not need an account to pick up the files.

If anyone is interested in the Granta book, or picking up audio books
converted from Audible, could they let me know off list.  I will not bother
to put them up if no one wants them.

My email address is

David.russell8@xxxxxxxxxxxx

The books do take ages to convert, so it may take me a day or two but I
think one or two of you might like to read the Granta book.

David