[duxuser] Re: training people to produce good Braille with Word and Duxbury

  • From: Dave Durber <dadurber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 17:00:47 -0500

It is not just a question of training sighted people to use Duxbury
with Word to produce reasonable quality braille.  It is actually a
question of training anybody to use Duxbury and word to produce
reasonable quality braille.

Do not just blame those who are sighted for the production of poorly
produced braille on those people who can see because, let me tell you,
there are many people who are blind producing "garbage" quality
braille.  And dare i say, there is a sizeable number of them here in
the United States of North America, who have been certified by the
National Library Service and still produce "sloppy", "trash",
"garbage" braille and get away with it.

If there is anyone to blame, it is those of us who do not demand the
highest standards of braille production of written material possible.
As long as there are individuals who will accept poorly produced
braille, there will always be a place for those who produce inferior
braille.

There are those of us who set high standards for the quality of
braille we produce, and there are those of us who don't give a damn as
long as the braille reader has the material to read.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber