[duxuser] Re: pesky para's

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 17:14:59 -0000

G'day Alan,

I should have thought of the following myself, but
thankfully Software have put us all wise. (smile)

"To do this, you must be in coded view, and it takes *two*
search/replace operations:

1. From the Replace dialog, using Control-< in the "Text to
find" field enter the style tag "<para.>". Tab to the
"Replace with" field, and, using Control-[, enter the code
"[l]". Replace All.

2. On a second visit to the Replace dialog (after
Control-Home), put the style tag "</para.>" in the "Text to
find" field. Leave "Replace with" blank. Replace All.

This will replace every <para.> tag with [l] and remove the
</para.> tags altogether. I presume it's obvious how to
adapt the instructions if instead you prefer to change the
ending tags (</para.>) to [l] and eliminate the starting
tags. There won't be a difference in the formatted document
in most cases."

Good luck with it, sport,

George.