[duxuser] Re: page numbering

  • From: Lmonform@xxxxxxx
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 23:15:36 EDT

I use Word because it seems (to be) a bit better with  text-handling  than
the version of DBT that we have installed at our  location. Also, I prefer
the grammar and spell-check capabilities of Word to  that of DBT.

I have found that it is much better to open the Word document  from within
DBT than to try to copy/paste it. There were a number of characters  that
translated incorrectly into Braille when I would copy/paste  (about 5  years
ago, when I was very new to Duxbury). Opening the Word document within DBT
solved all of those problems.

I'm not familiar with megadots, so I can't say anything about  that
software.

Linda Monformoso
Braille Transcriptionist
Maplewood, NJ

In a message dated 3/18/2011 11:03:22 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
livin4advntr@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Can you  please tell me why using Word to prepare your documents is a
preferred way  when using Duxbury? Why can't you just use the DBT transcribing
software? I am  sorry for the ignorance but I am a new user to duxbury and am
used to using  megadots.
Also I would like to know if when you do use Word do you  have to copy and
paste into your duxbury doc? I would like to do this  differently but this
is how I was shown. Thank you for your advice.

____________________________________
Subject: [duxuser] Re: page numbering
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 04:37:25  +0000
From: george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To begin with, see Help: Codes, Styles and Templates: Codes:  Page
Numbering: Print Page Numbers.

How are you preparing your documents?  Hopefully it's  with Word for
Windows, in which case I can give you some further details to  help do this.

George.