[duxuser] Re: juliet and lines per page

  • From: Steve Dresser <s.dresser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 13:10:42 -0500

Ann,
Thinking about it after seeing your question, I'd try setting the lines per page to 19 on the Juliet, and the maximum lines per page in DBTW to 19 as well. Then, I'd set the desired lines per page in DBTW to 18. I think everything will be ok as long as the Juliet's setting and DBTW's maximum lines per page are at least one higher than the desired lines per page.

Too bad you can't return the paper. I guess we know why it was on sale.

Steve

On Monday 2/23/04 11:54 Foxworth, Ann wrote:

Steve, Does it matter where I set the maximum lines per page in DBT? Should the desired lines per page setting be one number less than the lines per page I set on the Juliet? This paper I bought on sale and there is no return. I think they didn't advertise it with the tractor feeds on the 8-1/2 side or I would not have purchased it.

Ann Foxworth, Braille Consultant
Criss Cole Rehabilitation Center
4800 N. Lamar BLVD
Austin, TX 78756
PH: (512) 377-0353

-----Original Message----- From: Steve Dresser [mailto:s.dresser@xxxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Monday, February 23, 2004 9:44 AM To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [duxuser] Re: juliet and lines per page

Ann,

Depending on how close to the top and bottom of the page you want your
margins to be, you could set the desired lines per page to 17 or 18.  I
think you can get away with 18, but you may need to experiment just to see
what works.  You might also want to change the Juliet's form length from 11
to 8 inches (18.8-E).  According to my math, you get about 2.5 lines per
inch on a page.  So, if you allow 1/2 inch at top and bottom, you get 7
times 2.5 or 17.5 lines per page on an 8-1/2 inch piece of paper.  You
could set the Juliet up to print sideways, but that's fairly slow, and
introduces a different set of problems.  I think I would just send the
paper back to APH and get them to send you what you ordered.  Let me know
how you make out with this problem.

Steve

* * * * This message is via list duxuser at freelists.org. * To unsubscribe, send a blank message with * unsubscribe * as the subject to <duxuser-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You may also * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other subscription * options by visiting //www.freelists.org. The list archive * is also located there. * Duxbury Systems' web site is http://www.duxburysystems.com * * * * * * * This message is via list duxuser at freelists.org. * To unsubscribe, send a blank message with * unsubscribe * as the subject to <duxuser-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You may also * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other subscription * options by visiting //www.freelists.org. The list archive * is also located there. * Duxbury Systems' web site is http://www.duxburysystems.com * * *