[duxuser] jaws or wineyes and dbt

  • From: Teri McElroy <teri@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dbt <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 11:50:32 +1200

Hi

I'm using window-eyes, but have also tried using Jaws with dbt and
have the same problem with both screenreaders.

I'm trying to read continuously through a document which I'm
proofreading but wineyes and jfw are both not reading correctly.  when
the screenreader gets towards the end of a line, it starts reading
partial words or missing out words altogether.  I go to that
particular place in the text and try using control right and left
arrow to read word by word, and wineyes doesn't say anything even
though I know there's a word there.

I've tried maximising using control-space then x, but this doesn't
help.  I haven't knowingly changed any settings, and don't know why
this has suddenly started happening.

Reloading the screenreader doesn't help.  I'm currently running win98
se, jaws 4.5 or wineyes 4.2.  Any suggestions as to how I can fix
this?

Thanks.

Teri