[duxuser] Re: Symbols

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 09:42:58 -0000

Which rather endorses my thoughts that the BANA and BAUK
committees should be locked in a room until they can finally
agree on a common English Code.

That said, the rest of us will probably have agreed our own
many hundreds of moons beforehand!  (Smile)

George.

Lynch
> Sent: 30 November 2004 02:01
> To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [duxuser] Re: Symbols
>
> -----It's a pity that the US and UK Braille Authorities
> couldn't get together in this instance by adopting the
same
> computer braille code conventions (at least when in
literary
> braille).  Did we need another barrier of confusion like
> this?  I have seen both American and UK braille
publications
> with computer braille codes in them.  The codes are indeed

> different!!!  I thought we wrote much the same (English)
> language, whether in braille or print.

"the".

> > Steve
> >
> > --
> > DISCLAIMER:
> >
> > NOTICE: The information contained in this email and any
> > attachments is confidential and may be privileged.  If
you

> > are not the intended recipient you should not use,
> disclose,
> > distribute or copy any of the content of it or of any
> > attachment; you are requested to notify the sender
> > immediately of your receipt of the email and then to
> delete
> > it and any attachments from your system.
> >
> > RNIB endeavours to ensure that emails and any
attachments
> > generated by its staff are free from viruses or other
> > contaminants.  However, it cannot accept any
> responsibility
> > for any  such which are transmitted.
> > We therefore recommend you scan all attachments.
> >
> > Please note that the statements and views expressed in
> this
> > email and any attachments are those of the author and do
> not
> > necessarily represent those of RNIB.
> >
> > RNIB Registered Charity Number: 226227
> >
> > Website: http://www.rnib.org.uk
> >

> > * * *
> > * This message is via list duxuser at freelists.org.
> > * To unsubscribe, send a blank message with
> > *   unsubscribe
> > * as the subject to <duxuser-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You
> may also
> > * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and
other
> subscription
> > * options by visiting //www.freelists.org.  The
list
> archive
> > * is also located there.
> > * Duxbury Systems' web site is
> http://www.duxburysystems.com
> > * * *
> >

> This Message has been scanned for viruses by McAfee
Groupshield.