[duxuser] Strange symbols need help understanding

  • From: "Raymond Bishop" <rtbishop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 13:12:18 -0600

Hi List:

I trust all had a great thanksgiving with family and friends.  Now, I am
pondering and trying to figure out what is going on with a few files I have
translated.  I am translating the English Standard Version (ESV) Bible for
Lutheran Blind Mission in to Braille.  In fact, they want it in .brf files.
So, I am taking a text .txt file and translating.  This in and of itself
sounds quite easy and doable right?  Wrong!  After going through and
translating all 66 files, I am looking over with a cursory check to see how
they look and in some places, I see dot 4 followed by the letter (o) at the
end of some lines and in other places I see numbers inside parenthesis which
do not seem to correlate with the verse numbers and in other places I see
dot 5 followed by the letter (i) at the beginning of a section and at the
end of a section.  I am guessing these are quotation marks that didn't
translate correctly.  So if anyone can shed some light on these issues and
what they are and why I would greatly appreciate it. Secondly, is their a
way to correct them quickly as in a global change?  Thanks!

Raymond Bishop, NV9B

Philippians 4:6-7

**** Be kind to your email friends. If you forward this, please remove all
previous addresses before you send it on and use the BCC area when
forwarding to several friends. ****