[duxuser] Re: Serious UEB Advice: Was - Changing English brl code to UEB

  • From: "Blake, J (Tapton - Staff)" <JBlake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 11:06:10 +0100

If anyone has an Ubuntu One account, you have 5Gb free of cloud space - if the
blurb I read recently is correct! You'll also need a 'buntu based distro (like
Zorin 6 due out soon complete with Windows 7 style menu!) to do this to log in
but I think it can remember the machine you first signed up from - so an
advantage would be to have Linux on a thumb drive (using unetbootin or
multisystem - the latter needs an existing GNU/Linux installation to work but
superior to unetbootin with a simple drag and drop interface - from
www.pendrivelinux.com) with persistence (permanent /home folder where you store
all your docs etc) You could upload your locally stored documents as most Linux
distros can access your Windows drives without any problems - unless the last
time Windows shut down it did not do so cleanly.

John.