[duxuser] Re: SPAM!

  • From: Robert C <gone.to.dawgs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 10:41:33 -0800

Folks,
It is not important who sent spam. They are almost always due to someone's email account being compromised, AOL and Yahoo are the most common. The owner of that email account is almost never aware of this but once alerted, needs to change their password.

So instead of asking who sent spam, use common sense measures, such as, "hmmm, this is a strange subject", or no subject, which should be a red flag. And if the link looks funny, you can bet its spam, especially when there is no real explanation given.

And do not depend on an email list serv blocking such emails. They will get thru no matter what. Finally, be assured this is a common event and will not stop. So your best bet is to use anti virus and keep it updated. And use common sense.

IMHO, this being as comon as I said above, its not worthy of discussion. I receive so many of these on the various lists I am on. This one will not the be the last one, trust me, :)

Quote of the nanosecond . . .
I have a switch in my apartment... it doesn't do anything.... Every once in a while, I turn it on and off.... One day I got a call... it was from a woman in France.... She said "Cut it out"....
Robert & Dreamer Doll  ke7nwn
E-mail-
Gone.to.Dawgs@xxxxxxxxx

On 11/16/2012 9:14 AM, Sandra McCoy wrote:

I second the email from Eileen.  I did click on it.  After I looked at the
site, I researched it on the Internet and saw that it was spam.  Has this been
sent to all my contacts?  It is too bad that this wasn't seen by someone at
Duxuser freelists immediately and alerted us then instead of a day later.

Sandra
* as the subject to duxuser-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx . You may also
* options by visiting www.freelists.org .  The list archive
* is also located there.