[duxuser] Re: SPAM!

  • From: "Anne Ronco" <anne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 14:12:26 -0400

Sorry folks. I can't tell you guys any more than I have. I wish I could, but
this one slipped through the net. And we have a pretty good net. There would
be dozens of spams a day on this list if we didn't.

What I do know is that I saw spam on duxuser when I started work this
morning and sent out the warning. I also took measures to limit the user's
account so no more spam would come from that email address.

I don't know what happens if you click it, but a virus scan and spyware scan
is probably a good idea.

So is being more cautious before clicking on a link, even from someone you
know. Unfortunately people's email accounts get hacked all the time. That's
what happened here; it was 100% out of our control. The duxuser member
didn't even know his email address was being used by a spammer. I'm not
going to single him out by name, but you can check the address is in the
From: field of any spam message to find out what email account was hacked.

If I had seen it sooner I certainly would have warned you all sooner, but I
can't monitor duxuser 24/7. I believe that message came in after my bedtime.
So if one of you nice folks sees a post here that is spam, please don't keep
that information to yourself. By all means go ahead and post a warning to
your fellow members as a public service. <smile>

Best regards,

Anne Ronco

email: info@xxxxxxxxxx

Duxbury Systems, Inc.

270 Littleton Road, #6; Westford, MA 01886-3523 USA

TEL: + 978-692-3000 FAX: + 978-692-7912

Email (general): info@xxxxxxxxxx

Web site: http://www.DuxburySystems.com <http://www.duxburysystems.com/>

Duxbury Systems, the first name in software for Braille - since 1975.