[duxuser] Re: Nothing reading when I paste into Duxbury

  • From: Becky Sherman <beckysherman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 08:17:08 -0600

Thanks to everyone.

Becky Sherman, MA
CWI

-----Original Message-----
From: duxuser-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:duxuser-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of David
Sent: Monday, September 09, 2013 2:13 PM
To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [duxuser] Re: Nothing reading when I paste into Duxbury

to all:

Pasting into DBT is not as useful as pasting into Word, and then opening
the Word file in DBT.
DBT does some processing on the input **through the Word import** that does
not happen when you past directly into DBT.

Plus there are numerous formats and encodings that Word recognizes, but DBT
does not.

When given a choice, please paste document length items into Microsoft Word.
Then open the resulting Word file into DBT.

-- David

At 03:57 PM 9/9/2013, you wrote:

>Is it a word doc, or a picture of a word doc? If someone pasted the word
>doc into a word doc, I don't think Duxbury can read it. I was told that
>the paste was like pasting it ONTO the doc, but not really INTO it...made
>sense to me, hopefully to others

(snip)

* as the subject to duxuser-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx . You may also
* options by visiting www.freelists.org .  The list archive