[duxuser] Re: Math Symbols as Words & Complaints for Duxbury

  • From: "Terri Pannett" <pann1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 11:04:52 -0700

Dear Neal,

I have used Duxbury for years and I think it's the number 1 braille
translator.

If anyone wants to see correct computer braille, for email addresses, then
the text must be surrounded by the proper codes.  If codes are not added,
then it's not Duxbury's fault if the text doesn't translate properly.  The
same thing is true for math, too.

I'm no whizz transcriber or programmer--I use DBT for my own personal
translation--but it's number 1 and it will always be for me.

Terri Pannett, Amateur Radio call sign KF6CA.  Army MARS call sign AAT9PX,
California
:
: I have been asked by a number opf people in my area to voice a serious
: complaint with Duxbury concerning its changing symbols, such as
: "greater-than" to words, to supposedly conform to literary braille.
: This is truluy a nuisance, especially in material about HTML, but it crops
: up in email and other places where it is truly annoying.
: What is Duxbury Systems doing to deal with this problem?  Note that with
: Megadots one doesn 't have these problems.
: Thanks.
: --Daveed--
: East Bay Center for the Blind
:
: // eompost 40D2E5AE:798A.1:qhkhfre
:
:
:
: * * *
: * This message is via list duxuser at freelists.org.
: * To unsubscribe, send a blank message with
: *   unsubscribe
: * as the subject to <duxuser-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You may also
: * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other subscription
: * options by visiting //www.freelists.org.  The list archive
: * is also located there.
: * Duxbury Systems' web site is http://www.duxburysystems.com
: * * *