[duxuser] Re: Letter Indicator and Roman Numerals

  • From: "Suzan Muncer or Dan Geminder" <geminder@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 14:34:36 -0500

Whereas DBT provides a lot of flexibility for the braille page numbers, I've
not been able to find a program setting or code to handle the Roman problem
for print page numbers. I've found it simplest when dealing with Roman page
numbers in a print document to manually type &+ in front of each numeral:
e.g. [lea]&+vii. It forces the letter sign on translation, which is retained
for lettered continuation pages. Include &+ in each page change and the
braille will be fine. Same result as the q~ code, but easier to type.

Anyone got a better handle on this?

Dan