[duxuser] Re: Identifying the IP address of the printer!

  • From: "Paul J. Traynor" <pjtraynor@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 19:18:54 +0100

Hi George,

 " Is the "hub" allocating IP addresses, or is one of the PCs acting as a
DNA server? "

My main computer is the acting server.

 " My gut feeling here is that you really need to set up the Index with a
Static IP Address, and then set up a TCP/IP Port for that IP Address. "
I did this George using the IP address of "192.168.0.2 and 3" but nothing
happens when I try to emboss. I think the only thing I am getting are dots
on the screen but they aren't printing off.

One of the problems I am facing is that while my other computers are working
on dynamic address I then don't know what  address I should use for the
printer itself.

 " You now need to install the Printer, or if it is already installed, go to
Properties and under Ports, select the IP_ port you have just installed. "

Yes, it was already installed and I made the necessary changes in its
configuration.

 " In DBT, you need to select Windows Device and the Index printer you have
installed. "

Done this and made the changes.

George don't know if its of any help but I have noticed today that my
embosser isn't even producing  any help sheet. I mean when I press help on
the brailler  nothing happens.
Surely this isn't normal???.

Paul.