[duxhelp] Re: Gemini Tele soft Nippon Telsof Braille Printer

  • From: David Holladay <david@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 14:39:36 -0500

OK, Lets go over the basics:

1) There is no difference between how 10.5 addresses the parallel port and how 10.6 does. But if there was, you might also try setting up a "generic text only" Windows driver for the parallel port and using that.

2) Try some braille only (no interlining). Is that working.

3) Try a short document that only consists of short lines, and see if that works with interlining.

-----------------------------------

Here is one difference I made between 10.5 and 10.6 in the handling of the Gemini:

in 10.5, I got the approved ratio between inkprint characters and braille characters on the Gemini. I was nervous about using it because I was afraid that its use might lead to some inkprint lines which were too long.

For 10.6, at some point the Nippon Telesoft people noticed that when they tried to do a demo of a set of "2 up labels" (two columns of label stock on the page), the inkprint and the braille did not line up exactly. The reason was my deviation from the proper spacing ratio. So I substituted the correct formula.

So ... perhaps, we are getting too many inkprint characters per line on the inkprint?

If so, I would need to go back to the source code used for version 10.5.

Please get back to me about what you find with the experiments I proposed.

-- David Holladay

At 11:54 AM 6/28/2006, you wrote:
Hi David, it's is parallel.

Thanks,