[drivingpairs] Re: where are the pairs?

  • From: Noel Jones <gedeckt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 11:18:10 -0500

I was asked by a driving group to create a web site for them and secure a domain name.

Their choice was something like: www.westernxxxxxxxxxxxxxcarriagedrivingclub.org

xxxxxxx stands in for the location name, left out to protect innocent...

Try typing that all in and get it right...

How does one choose a name for a list...and have it be practical?

Would anyone prefer:

www.pairstandemunicornfour-in-handteams6-up4- uphorsesmulesdonkeysminisVSE.com?

Please review the website and also, I think, the welcome letter. The only equine driving that is verboten to discuss is: SINGLES!

Why?

CDL and other lists do a wonderful job of that. When this list was formed the last thing it was intended to do was to take members from the other lists.

If you and others want to talk about pairs, it's like being away at college...want to get mail? Send mail.

Ask a question.

For example: If you are competing in driven dressage with a light and dark horse pair, you will be judged on the actions of the lighter colored horse. Is this fair? Is this true?

In Tandems, this is not such a problem...

Date:    Thu, 2 Feb 2006 07:34:57 -0600
From:    David Sadler <davlin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: list for pairs?

Hey all,

is there a list that deals with driving a pair of horses as in 2 horses side by side?  i have been reading the drivingpairs list for a week or more now and 99.9% of the posts have been about tandems or worse.

what say you?

noel jones, aago ö¿ö
organ tonal design & voicing
877 249-5251 • athens, tn usa