[drivingpairs] Re: tongues/yokes

  • From: Don & Judy Hayes <don.l.hayes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 18:12:02 -0600

I prefer to use a drop pole. A drop pole requires a neck yoke which is long
enough to attach to the center of the collar, which ever kind collar is used.
The yoke is thusly carried by the horses without pulling them sideways. The
attachment points at the end of the yoke (to the collar), should be the same
distance apart as the center of the single trees. This keeps the horses pulling
in a straight line.

If a fixed, or "supported" pole is used, I suppose a short yoke could be used
in place of the crab. The attachment could then be the same as for a crab.

Don Hayes        Keep driving!
Chana, IL