[drivingpairs] tongues/yokes

  • From: "Helen G. Roeder" <sunshinefarm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Pairs List" <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 16:23:22 -0600

Usually when a pole has a tongue/yoke to attach the collars/breastcollars
to,(as opposed to a crab) it only goes up to the off center 'D' ring.   Does
anyone drive with a tongue/yoke long enough to attach to the center 'D' ring?
And....what difference does it make?  For those of you  who are as
technical-term impaired as I, by tongue/yoke, I'm refering to that swivel
'thingy' at the end of the pole we attach the collars to.

Not asking for traditional or proper.   Just want to know if anyone uses one
and why.

Helen