[drivingpairs] Re: stallion pairs??

  • From: "Laura Crews" <barnrats@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 23:05:49 -0500

I have a miniature stallion and he is the most vicious little rascal I've
ever seen!  He will go up to any animal, regardless of species, and attack
it!  He will give a little warning (it's up to the potential victim to speak
Shetlandese), but not much. (Remember, minis are special versions of inbred
Shetland ponies.)  We got our stallion as an unbroke 7-year-old.  It may
well be that if he had been raised and disciplined with other stallions in a
team, he would have grown up peacefully with them.  But as he is now --
WATCH OUT!  COMING THROUGH!

In my feedroom, I have a copy of the "Thelwell" cartoon showing a circus
master with a chair and a whip, staving off a mean looking little pony
glaring out from under layers of forelock.  The caption reads something
like, "...and the Shetland, the world's smallest breed.... is respected by
all who know horseflesh!"

Laura Crews
Country Roads Farm Welsh Ponies*
Virginia
*and Fancy Rats

"My furs are not in storage or draped across the bed,
They're hanging from the cage door, waiting to be fed."

"Horses very rarely display the extreme strength that they are blessed with.
It is truly awesome when you see it. You want it pointed in the right
direction."

Anyone who would release an animal into the wild to fend for itself should
themselves be put out in the wilderness with no food or water. If they
survive, then they know how the animal feels. If they don't survive, then
they have improved the human gene pool....

Remember: STUPIDITY IS A SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE!