[drivingpairs] Re: rules and "The Book"

  • From: "Sharon Gorry" <swgorry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 19:30:51 -0400

Just had to comment on "the book" while waiting for Hardy to jump in!

Please also keep in mind that when an event is ADS, USA Eq or FEI
recognized; it is the responsibility of the competitor to know the rules as
well.  When a competitor signs the entry form, they are stating that they
"know" the rules and commit to abide by them.  The OC is bound to the
jurisdictional rules by advertising and holding the rated event.  I
personally see this as an agreement between the competitor and OC that both
parties are starting out on the same page and the rules of the game are set
and understood.

Quite often, at the training level, a competitor will come and have no clue
about a cde.  If I  have an opportunity to talk to them in advance, I remind
them to read the rule book and understand it.  Those that do have a
stress-less event and that "first cde" is a good experience, not a
nightmare.

Just my two cents on the issue of "the book".

Sharon Gorry
NJ