[drivingpairs] rules and "The Book"

  • From: "Helen @ DP" <helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Pairs List" <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 07:42:54 -0500

Well said Ken.   I think there's another interesting point to be made about the
"The Book" rules.   Aren't the CDE rules written in stone for Advanced Levels
only?   It seems I remember, rules for events for the lower levels only, can be
bent, as organizers see fit.   Please correct me if I'm wrong, someone? Hardy?
   This particular issue may have changed since the last time I checked.
I've never competed at the Advanced level, nor plan to.   But it seems I
remember that the rigid following of "The Book" rules for Advanced Level
competitions, was mandatory, but not for the lower levels.
I agree about advising participants prior to the competition, perhaps by a
meeting.   Perhaps the rules could be mailed to each competitor as they send in
their money or even prior to that, so competitors could make a choice as to
whether or not to compete at a particular event.    I'd sure hate to get to the
event only to find out the organizers required (as an example) all vehicles to
have a particular width, and mine was smaller.   I think I'd be just a little
bit angry!
Helen