[drivingpairs] Re: Yankee Breeching

  • From: "Alpenland Haflingerhof" <alpenhof@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 09:07:42 -0800

Hello Deryn

It is a challenge to live in the snowy climes, isn't it?  I hate the thought
of my team standing all winter, and this year I might actually put the
sleigh runners on the forecart and get them out once in awhile.  I just
worry because the snow packs down in spots and then there is ice to contend
with!  Out in the field where we would drive it would be ok once we packed a
trail, but the driveway (which is in between the paddocks and the field, is
often like a skating rink!  We keep our horses barefoot, so there are no
borium shoes to keep them from slipping.

More often than not, our horses stand from December to March - and I am very
frustrated!

Heidi in snowy (8" on the ground) Leavenworth, WA
www.andreaskellerrestaurant.com
www.alpenlandhaflingerhof.com