[drivingpairs] Tandems With 4 wheels

  • From: "Jay Hubert" <jhubert@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 20:02:04 -0800

Like Jerry, I have used a 4 wheeler with my tandem, but only in the marathon
phase of a CDE.

Two wheelers are the traditional tandem vehicle and in pleasure driving shows,
where the judging is rigorous and knowledgeable, I believe one would get marked
down for using a 4 wheeler, except perhaps, a 4 wheeled Dog Cart.  Since tandem
is pretty useless from a practical standpoint, tradition is very important in
the
show ring.

If you look at the home page of the list, you will note the cover photos of our
feeble attempt at a random.  We used Carolyn Harris' Bell Crown 4 wheeler so we
could have a more stable platform as we tried to sort things out.  I had the
cart
I use for tandem there at the event, but we felt safety was more important than
tradition.

Jerry, I strongly second your advice regarding the fast groom! <LOL>  When one
is
driving a tandem, especially  of ponies, things can happen so fast you would
not
believe it.  My grooms have saved my bacon more than once!

Jay E Hubert, Confirmed Tandemaniac
Coffing Oaks Welsh Ponies
Galt, CA

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and taste good
with ketchup.

And I STILL drive too fast to worry about cholesterol!