[drivingpairs] Re: Pole height

  • From: "carriagesusa" <carriagesusa@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 15:11:58 -0500

Karen,
Glad you asked!
Drop pole means that the pole "drops to the ground" when it is not attached to
the horses/ponies/minis.
Fixed pole (still has travel~up-down) but will stay up when attached to the
carriage.
Two wheel pair vehicles (use caution) they can work, but you need an auxiliary
strap to hold the YOKE (DO NOT USE A CRAB) down.
Otherwise, when you get in the vehicle, the pole will tip up!
We used a Pole Cart for years for training.  MOSTLY they were meant to be used
with a Curricle harness (we never had one)!
There are some good books, Max Pape for one, and a new Pairs book, I hope to
have in stock shortly.
You are the 2nd Mini Pair customer asking today!  I do have some Mini books,
not sure if they cover the pairs, but I will check.
I will check on the videos too.
I use a short tug pair harness, can be used single as well.
Claudette Robinson
COUNTRY CARRIAGES USA
373 Phillips Road
Columbus NC 28722