[drivingpairs] Re: Pole height

  • From: "Karen Johnson" <kjohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 12:36:38 -0700

I have a question so basic I didn't want to post it. I have been mostly
lurking and learning; I only drive singles - What is the difference between
dropped and fixed poles? Which would be better for steep hills (I assume one
would allow the pole to "move" with the shoulders of the equines, on hills?)
Can a pole be used on a two wheeled vehicle for a pair to pull? Is there a
basic video or book that has elementary information like this in it? I have
miniature horses that are trained to drive.

Karen

  _____