[drivingpairs] Matching Horses In Pairs

  • From: Hzlax@xxxxxxx
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 14:25:49 EST

> "2) The newbie is a youngin I want to buggy break before he is old enough to
> ride.  I really want him next to a steadying influence, as we are dealing
> with more than pulling a buggy -- it's a big scary world out there."

I'm not sure if this all sounds like a good course of action. First off,
don't start him too young with a carriage either. They need their time as
babies. Second, if you want a steadying influence, it seems to me, you need
somebody who knows his stuff very well with pair driving. Doing this with
beginners knowledge of pair driving only and questionable equipment sounds
like a bad road to take to me.
Hardy