[drivingpairs] Customer service from harness makers

  • From: JLO <cicera65@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 07:13:08 -0700 (PDT)

I know the quality of Zilco has improved. Years ago it would
crack and look pretty bad real fast.

The problem we had with them about three years ago was the
unwillingness to "help". We were seriously talking about buying
TWO pairs harnesses and TWO single harnesses that's a total of
SIX harnesses from them. They wouldn't come down a single cent
on their price to us even buying that many at once.

We ditched Zilco and bought our harnesses from other sources. A
couple here and a couple there. I have a mini harness from
Country Carriages USA that I abuse the heck out of and it is
holding up great.

I have a Camptown I haven't used because so far nothing we've
started fits. I bought it for one pony and then sold that pony.

Dave was a joy to work with and one time I had to return a belly
band to Claudette. She took it back and fixed or replaced it
without any problem. I'd not hesitate to do business with either
of them again.

Jodi in Morriston FL
http://www.underthesonfarm.com

Home of Section D Welsh Cob Stallions
Willow Oak Evening Comet and Gallod Llywelyn