[dokuwiki] Re: wiki farm

  • From: Jason Keltz <jas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 10:18:57 -0400

On 08/23/07 10:02, Guy Brand wrote:
On 23 August at 09:55, Jason Keltz wrote:

Uh oh. It looks like plugins account for many realpath references as well... (they all start by getting DOKU_INC)... would all plugins need to be patched as well? yipes.

  That's why the patch @wiki:farm page only changes that to the core.
  It's simple to apply. Plugins and templates should live "out" of the
  farm (i.e. installed in each wiki instance, not in the controller
  wiki) so the realpath call should not be a problem as they would not
  even realize they are used by a DokuWiki instance which is a member
  of a farm.

I guess that depends on how you add the animals to the farm. :)

In my case, I'm using DokuWiki for a bunch of sites that will be run by different people, but all will be supported by our tech support team. For simplicity, our team will choose the plugin/template options available, and they will be available to all of our wikis. In this case, I wouldn't want to reinstall all the plugins or templates on a per wiki basis -- instead, I'd like one copy. I guess making the changes to make this happen might have too many consequences (ie. changing all plugins!).... :(

jas.