[dokuwiki] Re: wiki farm

  • From: Gerry Weißbach <gerry.w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 09:05:25 +0200

Hello,

I'm not quite shure if that might help, but i made a Domain Switching Plugin with which you can have only one installation of DW but many different Data directories according to your domain / subdomainname. You can find it here: http://gammaproduction.de/english/dokuwiki/plugins/domainswitching
If there are questions / suggestions, I'd be pleased to help you.

Gerry.

Jason Keltz schrieb:
On Wed, 22 Aug 2007, Michael Klier wrote:

Jason Keltz wrote:
Two questions:

1) I have a master DokuWiki directory, and then I symlink the files in
that directory to another directory where I re-create the directory
structure (lndir). I have a fresh copy of "data" and "conf" in the new
location.   However, variables like DOKU_INC end up pointing to the
"source" location, and not the "real" location so DokuWiki can't see the
changes to local.php in the symlinked copy.  Of course I can't even set
basedir :)  Any ideas?

Hi,

maybe this [1] gets you started, I haven`t tested it myself though.
Maybe the author of this howto has some additional information for you.

Thanks Michael..

I checked around the web and found a couple of messages with something similar to this. The problem, of course, is that this requires a modification to DokuWiki every time that I download a new version, which is something that I would prefer not to do. It looks like something that other people have requested in the past. I wonder if the DokuWiki developers might comment on why the use of the realpath call in the first place as opposed to looking at the current directory. To me, it would make much more sense if the default DokuWiki installation could be used in either a single-install or a farm without any modifications at all.

Jason.