[dokuwiki] Re: wiki farm

  • From: Jason Keltz <jas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 08:23:19 -0400

On 08/22/07 12:50, Jason Keltz wrote:
Two questions:

1) I have a master DokuWiki directory, and then I symlink the files in that directory to another directory where I re-create the directory structure (lndir). I have a fresh copy of "data" and "conf" in the new location. However, variables like DOKU_INC end up pointing to the "source" location, and not the "real" location so DokuWiki can't see the changes to local.php in the symlinked copy. Of course I can't even set basedir :) Any ideas?

2) I see the data directory can exist in a separate directory, but can the "conf" directory exist outside the dokuwiki directory? (I guess this creates a weird chicken and egg problem where you would need to read the configuration file to know where to find the configuration file!!)

Just to point out for those interested -- there are over 50 references to realpath in define statements throughout the DokuWiki code. This leaves me wondering ... if instead, DokuWiki included a custom realpath that did NOT resolve symlinks, I believe this would allow DokuWiki to work in both standard (no symlink) or wiki farm (symlink) environments. I wonder why PHP doesn't include such a function built in... (maybe I'm missing it!) I mean, you could do a "dirname" . directory_separator . "basename" as well, but that would leave in "../../" references (not that it really matters).... Andi?? Chris?? :)

jas.