[dokuwiki] Re: search improvements

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 09:49:34 +0100

Ben Coburn wrote:

What would happen if cleanID() cached processed IDs before returning them (so that redundant calls would be very fast)? I don't know how many redundant calls there are in real usage, but this might be a quick way to recover some processing time. For reference, there is some similar caching code over in the current getRevisionInfo() function.

Regards, Ben Coburn

PS. I don't have time to check this right now... what spare time I've got is going to polishing up the changelog patch.

  silicodon.net

Thanks for the idea, I'll take a look at that.

Quick question, why a global rather than a static for the revision_info cache?

Chris