[dokuwiki] Re: search improvements

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 15:35:12 +0100

Andy,

There is another potential improvement - though possibly riskier.

A significant amount of the time remaining is spent in idx_parseIndexLine, this function checks the current existence of every file mentioned in the search index line under investigation. As part of the check it runs wikiFN which in turn runs cleanID - which is the culprit.

My quick check suggests only cleaned IDs get written to the search index. Is that a safe assumption?

If so, I propose extending wikiFN with a third parameter, $clean, which defaults to true. Messy perhaps, but it would allow some calls to wikiFN with known clean IDs (like idx_parseIndexLine) to skip the cleaning step.

What do you think?

Cheers,

Chris