[dokuwiki] insertAtCaret

  • From: Massimiliano Balestrieri <max@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 12:34:52 +0100

I try to finish these plugins

http://maxb.net/blog/2009/02/26/dokuwiki-jquery-ui-autocomplete/

I want to use jQuery UI Dialog to write a link (internal & external) and put
the value in the textarea.

But I found a big problem.

When the focus goes in another form field Internet explorer 6 looses
"caret".

I tested  this

alert(document.selection.createRange().text);

if I select something in the textarea, open the dialog window (jQUERY UI not
popup) and press the button "ok", alert return the selection in then
textarea.
if I select something in the textarea, open the dialog window (jQUERY UI not
popup)  then write something in the input field of the Dialog and at least
press "ok" the  alert return an empty value (loosing the value of the
selection).

The problem causes the insert of the value at the top of textarea.

So, if is not possible to solve the problem,
... I leave this solution jQuery based and make the same thing with a
classic popup.
I will do as you do with mediamanager.

Thanks for help.
Max