[dokuwiki] Re: download only for registered users

  • From: Koen Huybrechts <huybkoen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 17:41:01 +0100

Thomas Baumann wrote:

Hello list,

is there a way to provide downloads of specific mime-types for
registered users only ?

e.g. - ALL should be able to read (gif|png|jpg)
- users should be able to read (zip|exe|tar)

I want to avoid to waste download traffic for the world,
I want to monitor who or how often a file is being read.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Thomas.

hi,

a possible solution is to use the ACL:

   * The world can view a page with the images
   * Users can follow a link where to other files are placed (the world
     can follow this link too, bu will see the warning they aren't allowed)

for more information:

http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:acl

i hope is can help,

koko