[dokuwiki] Re: barrier free website with dokuwiki as CMS?

  • From: Andreas Benzler <info.benzler@xxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 09:18:24 +0100

> What is barrier free?

First, I am not sure if this is the correct term for what I meant.

What I mean is that a website has to be accessible by eg. blind people.
Therefore a text version of the site is needed, as far as I know, which
can be used to feed a voice output system or a some Braille reading
device, (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Braille)
Furthermore the websites navigation should be accessible with these
tools as well. There are website generators out there which generate
barrier free content from the main one automatically.

Here is one example (in German)
http://www.hksbr.de/zukunftswerkstatt/index.php
In the top right corner you can excess the text version of the page
http://www.hksbr.de/zukunftswerkstatt/plaintext/index.php

As I said, I am not sure whether this is the correct implementation of a
barrier free website...

Andreas