[dokuwiki] Re: adding autobackup saving

  • From: "Mark McCoy" <realmcking@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2006 18:08:42 -0600

On 3/10/06, Matthias Grimm <matthiasgrimm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 21:39:23 +0100
> Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > 1) I currently only save one backup per user. Is this a good idea?
> >
> > Probably not. Multiple open browser windows would destroy overwrite
> > each others backup file.
>
> It's is unlikely that a user is editing multiple wiki pages at once but
> it might happen. So we need a backup file for each wiki page.

I often have multiple files open for editing in several tabs in Firefox.

--
Mark McCoy -- Professional Unix geek

"On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put
into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?' I am
not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that
could provoke such a question. "  -- Charles Babbage